Statewide Mask Order & Travel Advisory
July 23, 2020 - Statewide Mask Order and Travel Advisory
Governor Mike Dewine has issued a statewide mask order, effective July 23, 2020 at 6:00pm. All residents, over the age of 10 years old, in the State of Ohio must wear facial coverings in public at all times in the following circumstances:
- At an indoor location that is not a residence
- Outdoors, but unable to maintain six-foot social distance from people who are not household members
- Waiting for, riding, driving or operating public transport, such a taxi, car service, or private car used for ride-sharing
- Those with a medical condition or a disability or those communicating with someone with a disability
- Those who are actively exercising or playing sports
- Officiants at religious services
- Those actively involved in public safety
- Those who are actively eating or drinking
Schools should follow the guidance previously issued pertaining to masks.
Additionally, Governor Dewine has issued a Travel Advisory for all individuals coming into Ohio from states reporting a positive COVID-19 testing rate of 15% or higher. Those traveling from any of the identified states should self-quarantine for 14 days. The self-quarantine applies to those who live in Ohio and to people traveling into Ohio from any of these states. The Travel advisory applies to both personal and business travel. The list of impacted states will be updated weekly on the State of Ohio COVID-19 Website.
For further details on the mask order and travel advisory, please read Governor Dewine's Full Statement dated July 22, 2020.