Large Item Pick-Up Program
As a service to residents, the City provides an annual large item pick-up free of charge.
For residents with Wednesday Regular Pick-Up: Saturday, June 13th
For residents with Thursday Regular Pick-Up: Saturday, June 20th
For residents with Friday Regular Pick-Up: Saturday, June 27th
Rules and Requirements
- Please have all of the materials you want collected at the curb no later than 6:00 a.m. of your scheduled date. You are strongly encourage to have it at the curb the night before (or earlier). The contractor will be starting at 6:00 a.m. to make sure they are able to collect everything in one day.
- NO batteries, tires, liquids, railroad ties, combustible materials, or any materials deemed hazardous. The following hazardous waste items will be collected as long as they meet the required guidelines:
- Paint: Paint cans must be dried up with the lids removed. Cans with only a small amount of paint remaining can be absorbed with kitty litter or sand and placed out with the lids removed.
- Propane tanks: Tanks must be empty with the valve open.
- Gas-powered equipment: The gas tank must be empty with the lid removed or the tank removed completely from the equipment.
- Call Hamilton County Hazardous Waste at 513-946-7700 or visit their website for further information on the proper disposal of hazardous waste type items.
- NO yard waste of any kind.
- NO regular garbage.
- NO bulky materials such as drywall, concrete blocks, dirt, rock, etc.
- NO glass larger than 2’ x 2’, and it must be taped.
- Plate glass (i.e., windows) must be taped.
- Mattresses, box springs, and material furniture (e.g., upholstered couches and chairs) must be wrapped in plastic.
- Carpeting must be bundled and tied in a roll not to exceed 4 ft. in length and 2 ft. in diameter.
- Loose materials such as lumber must be bundled, tied, and cannot exceed 4 ft. in length and 2 ft. in diameter with a 50 lb. limit per bundle.
- Appliances containing CFCs (refrigerators, air conditioning units, etc.) will be picked up ONLY IF the CFCs are removed by a certified technician and the certificate of removal is on the appliance. Contact your heating/cooling company for information regarding the certificate of removal. Doors to refrigerators and freezers must be removed or secured shut.
- Please do not place any container other than your regular garbage cans at the curb if you do not want it discarded.
Please call the Municipal Building at 513-561-7228 if you have any questions.