Corona Virus Information
Read the full details of the STAY AT HOME order and the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
The City of Madeira encourages everyone to stay informed regarding the corona virus (COVID-19):
The Ohio Department of Health has established a call center to answers questions regarding COVID-19. The call center is open 9:00AM to 8:00PM daily. 1-833-4-ASK-ODH
City Closings and Announcements:
- 2019 City tax return filing date has been extended to July 15, 2020. Estimated 2020 tax payments for the 1st and 2nd quarter have also been extended to July 15, 2020.
- All City Parks remain open for activities that can support social distancing - i.e., walking, running or biking. All facilities at the parks are closed, including all courts, shelters, and restrooms.
- City Offices are closed to the public. Staff will conduct business through the telephone and email.
- The April 6, 2020 Board of Zoning Appeals meeting is postponed. It will be rescheduled for a later date. Those with pending cases will be notified of the new date.
- The Police Department offices remain open to the public, but ask that any non-emergency business be conducted through email or a telephone call.
- Garbage collection will continue on its regular schedule. However, Republic Services will only be providing curbside service; large item collection is halted until further notice. Please bag all waste and place it in your garbage can to assist the drivers in their collection efforts.
- Madeira Tax Office - Staff is available to assist taxpayer by telephone, 513-272-4212 or email. As the upcoming weeks evolve, there will be further impacts on our operations, filing deadlines and payment processing. Updates will be posted on our social media accounts and shared through our email notification system.
- Mayor's Court scheduled for April has been postponed until May 13, 2020.
- The City Parks remain open, but be advised that the playground equipment and bathrooms are not being sanitized.
- All events and activities at the Madeira Senior Center have been cancelled until further notice.
- All events and activities scheduled for the Centennial Room have also been cancelled until further notice.
- CIty of Madeira Press Releases - March 22, 2020 - March 26, 2020
- City of Madeira Press Releases - March 16, 2020 - March 19, 2020
- City of Madeira Press Releases, March 3, 2020 through March 16, 2020
- The Ohio General Assembly has extended voting by mail for the 2020 Primary Election to April 28, 2020. Please visit the Hamilton County Board of Elections for full details.
- Effective Sunday March 29, Metro will temporarily suspend all fare collection and implement a modified service schedule until further notice, with most weekday routes operating on a Saturday schedule. Express routes with a local route option will not operate. Route modification information can be viewed at: https://www.go-metro.com/uploads/COVD19_ServiceAdjustment_SalesInfoScreen.jpg
- UC Health is providing COVID-19 testing at the Clifton Campus. All testing is BY APPOINTMENT only. Please visit the UC Health website for further details.
- Stay Informed: Get COVID-19 Alerts from Hamilton County. The public can sign up to get alerts and tips from Hamilton County officials regarding COVID-19. Alerts are available via text message, e-mail, and voice call through the Alert Hamilton County system. To sign up for COVID-19 alerts, please visit the Alert Hamilton County (Alert HC) website: www.alerthc.org. If you already have an Alert HC/Smart 911 account, log into your existing account and select “COVID-19 Alerts” at the bottom of the opt-in list. If you have not yet signed up for Alert HC, create a Smart911 Safety Profile and select “COVID-19 Alerts” at the bottom of the opt-in alert list.
- State of Ohio Unemployment Information
- Hamilton County Offices are also closed to the public, but remain open for business via email or telephone. For details on access to Hamilton County agencies, please visit Hamilton County Website
- Cincinnati Bell is prepared to meet the needs of their customers. Please visit the Cincinnati Bell Website for further information.
- Duke Energy is waiving late payment fees beginning March 21, 2020 until the national state of emergency is lifted. Please visit Duke Energy Website for further information.
- Madeira's restaurant community is working hard to stay open for carry-out and delivery service. Please support our local businesses! You can find a current list of open restaurants at the Madeira Chamber of Commerce's Facebook page or Website. Or use this List that is current as of March 20th.
- Small Business and Non-Profit Organization Loan Assistance - Governor Mike DeWine and Lt. Governor Jon Husted submitted a formal request to the SBA to qualify the State of Ohio for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program. This federal program will enable small businesses and non-profits throughout the state impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19 to apply for low-interest loans up to $2 million. Governor DeWine's Announcement. Businesses impacted by the current public health crisis should complete the Disaster Loan Declaration forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information on the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program is available at www.SBA.gov.
- Coping with COVID-19 Anxiety
- COVID-19 Check Lists
- The Council on Aging is looking for volunteers to help senior residents. If you would like to volunteer to assemble meal boxes or to deliver meals, contact: Jacqueline Hutsell at the Council on Aging: 513-623-3891 or email email@example.com.
- Governor DeWine's Emergency Declaration
- Monitor local information about COVID-19.
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if you become symptomatic.
- Practice personal protective measures (e.g., hand washing and social distancing).
- Avoid non-essential travel.
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Avoid gatherings, other potential exposure situations, and social events with more than 10 people.
- Clean and disinfect "high touch" areas daily. These include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, desks, and tablets.